[THIN] Re: Password not working -- NFuse

  • From: DMelczer@xxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 08:47:07 -0400

Just a wild shot in the dark, but if this user is using a laptop, they may
have one of those funky keyboards where part of the actual keyboard does
double-duty as a numeric keypad.  Thus, with numlock on, the user would type
"N" and get a "1" instead.

If the user is using a laptop to login, make sure that the numlock is also
off.

We had this once...took us forever to figure out that the user was
accidentally hitting the numlock key.  We're all bald here now from pulling
our hair out...

Hope this helps.

-Dave Melczer
dmelczer@xxxxxxxx