[THIN] Re: Password Manager

  • From: "Dirk Blose" <Dirk.Blose@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 09:41:04 -0500

Last I saw, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, this is how I
understood it. The Information is stored in Active Directory, during
login the information is pulled down in your Profile in an encrypted
form. The local agent then uses this local encrypted copy. When the user
logs out the data is pushed back into Active Directory. I assume there
are other options if you don't have AD, but that's what we were looking
at.

Dirk Blose, MCSE, CCA
Lead Technical Analyst
(919) 765-4791
dirk.blose@xxxxxxxxxx

>>> MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/17/05 8:02 AM >>>

I'm interested in the password manager but I really don't understand
technically how it works. Where does it store the passwords? Is it in a
central location so when you logon from any PC you can access your
stored passwords? Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA
Server+Senior Network Administrator