[THIN] Pass-through Authentication?

  • From: thethin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 8 Sep 2004 08:12:31 -0000

Hey there,

Am new to the list, reasonably new to Terminal Services as well.

In our organisation we have a Windows 2003 AD Domain, we have a Windows 2000
Terminal Services' member server. What I am finding hard to understand or
configure is pass-through authentication.

I thought that if the TS server was a member-server then it should just 'pass'
the user login details through quite happily so that the user only needs to
login once - at the initial 'login-to-domain' screen. However it's asking me
for a username and password when I connect to the terminal server as any user
on the domain - it does not seem to use pass-through or I've misconfigured
something.

Does anyone know why this could happen, does Windows 2000 TS support
pass-through auth with an AD server? What are my options to solving this
mystery.

Thanking you in advance,

Mr. K. Hawkes
ICT Support Engineer

This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps running on
unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and application performance
problems? Join us and learn how you can have a less demanding on-demand
enterprise!
http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register