[THIN] Pass Through Authentication via ICA Client

  • From: "TheThin" <TheThin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 14:44:59 -0400

I have a large number of client computers (350-500) that were originally
installed to not allow Pass-Through Authentication. They were installed
with a 6.x client and then upgraded to 7.1.  I want to enable this
feature and have been struggling to come up w/ .ini files that enable
it.  Is their a registry setting for this somewhere?  I don't want to
have to script a complete un-install, re-install of the client unless
absolutely necessary.

What I have found is that if I take a workstation and fully remove the
client and then re-install it, pass through authentication works fine.
Deleting all the .ini file from the user's profile.

But if I take the wfclient.ini, pn.ini, and appsrv.ini from that
workstation to another, pass through authentication will not work.  The
check box to allow it won't even light up in the GUI. =20

I know the SSOnUserSetting=3DOff setting is involved, but I haven't been
able to figure out what other settings are involved.  Any help would be
appreciated.  I found several CTX articles that are related to pass
through authentication, but the are for troubleshooting problems not how
to configure the client.
This week's sponsor - Emergent Online
From centralized application management, business continuity, outsourcing, to
http://www.go-eol.com/index.asp