[THIN] Re: Palms & Syncing

  • From: Brian Delaney <brian.delaney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, JKing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 15:10:58 -0400

I have a couple using the serial cradle. It works pretty good. You just need to
map back the servers serial port to the client. I also change the location of
their palm desktop files to z: . This way anybody who logs in maps their palm
data to their home directory.

"King, Jesse" wrote:

> I've checked out the FAQ on the thin and read it....
>
> My question is has anyone successfully used a palm with a USB and synced up
> with a server via a thin client? Or is the only solution serial? Does serial
> work - is it stable via a net use com \\client\com <file://\\client\com>
> via  a thin client?
>
> Jesse

> This Week's Sponsor - Tarantella Secure Global Desktop
> Tarantella Secure Global Desktop Terminal Server Edition
> Free Terminal Service Edition software with 2 years maintenance.
> http://www.tarantella.com/ttba
> http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm

*
*
*
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use of the
named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or priveleged information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
communication(s) is expressly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy any and all
copies of the original message.
http://www.tarantella.com/ttba