[THIN] Re: Page file on separate partition?

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <JShonk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 09:09:14 -0800

I like having the Pagefile on Seperate Partition.  By putting in on a =
seperate partition, you will have a contiguous non-fragmented pagefile.  =
Second, on servers with a smaller boot partition it helps to move the =
pagefile and free up disk space.

You'll get better performance if it's on a second spindle.  But if your =
going to add a second disk, your better off combining the two disk into =
a RAID 1 array.  You'll increase the overall system performance.

Of course,  if you add tons of RAM and disable the paging executive... =
Then the point is mute.

Joe=20