[THIN] Page file on separate partition?

  • From: Lennart Koschella <lk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:32:49 +0100

Hello!

Someone told me that it's always better to put the page file on a terminal
server on a different partition. While I understand that putting it on a
separate *disk* should achieve some performance improvement (due to
parallel disk access), I wonder why putting it on a separate partition of
the same disk  has an advantage over the system partition. In this case,
the read/write heads of the disk drives have a longer way to move between
both partitions, so this could lead to a performance degradation instead of
an improvement. Am I wrong here?

With kind regards,

Lennart Koschella
System Adminstrator