[THIN] Re: Page file max out

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:22:06 -0500

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your help. I'll remove Page Swaps from load evaluator.

Here is more info about my setup:

30-40 users per server daytime.

Published Applications:

MS Office 2000
Adobe Acrobar 6 (both Reader and full package)
Microsoft (Great Plains) Dynamics (SQL client)
Fundvision (SQL client)
FRx reporting tools for Dynamics
StaffRight (old DBase time-management DB)
Accuterm97 (terminal programm for telnet to old Patient inf system)
New Patient Inf System (SQL client custom app)
Some Access DBs
IE 6 SP1

Servers are W2K Server SP4 with hotfixes:
822428
823980
824946
147222

MF XP FR3 with hotfix:
XE103W2K082

I've been running taskmgr with Memory usage and VM size but not the Page
Faults. Is the process in question suppose to show high Page Faults value?

I tried perfmon but there are so many processes that I would like to narrow
it before going perfmon way if possible.

Thanks,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems Network Coordinator
Pembroke General Hospital
Tel. (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
Fax. (613) 732-9986
www.pemgenhos.org

"All that matters is love and work" - Sigmund Freud.