[THIN] Re: Page file max out

  • From: "Tim Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:20:35 -0500

The windows performance monitor will allow you to look at swaps associated
with the individual processes.  The guilty process will be showing some CPU
activity so maybe that will allow you to trim down what to look at.  See
below for another idea on finding the guilty.

When you indicate mem at 15-30% I suspect you mean against the max page file
size.  To see that kind of page swapping, you have to be above the physical
memory present.  Probably you can look at the mem usage of the processes in
the task manager (use options menu to add mem to the display).  The guilty
party is probably using a hell of a lot of memory to cause that behavior.

Tim Mangan