[THIN] Re: PVS deployed image - no seamless apps

  • From: "Erik Blom (telenet)" <erik.blom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 10:25:13 +0200

OK, we'll try that. Thanks.

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Joe Shonk
Sent: woensdag 16 mei 2012 18:30
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: PVS deployed image - no seamless apps

We've been deploying PVS 6.0 and 6.1 with XA6.5 on ESX using the VMXNET3
drivers with success.  For 6.1, you do need installed the Microsoft Hotfix
before installing 6.1 target agent.  The CTX128160 hotfix is built into the PVS
Target installation starting with 6.0.

Joe
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Erik Blom (telenet)
<erik.blom@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:erik.blom@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I think I found it...

The customer insisted that we use VMXNet3 adapters, even for the PVS adapter.
So we needed to install CTX128160 and MS kb2550978 to avoid BSOD's while
booting from the PVS image. It appears that one of these hotfixes broke
seamless application publishing. So now we're back to using E1000 for the PVS
side and VMXNET3 for the production side. First tests look ok...

If this is the case, I wonder why no one else has experienced this. Maybe
everyone uses E1000 for the PVs side.

Thanks,

Erik