[THIN] PS4 apps keep hanging randomly- please help!

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <Pavlo.Ignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 17:00:27 -0400

Hi group,

Sorry for a bit of a re-post but I'm really in the pickle now.

I'm trying to troubleshoot a recent problem we are having. Users logging
to published apps (MS Office 2003) and are working fine for some time
(anywhere from 3 min to 12 hours)and then the app title says "Not
Responding" and the app hangs. If you have more apps within same session
they may remain responsive or can be non-responsive as well. CMC shows
session as active and if admin shadows the session he connects to the
same hanged app. You can disconnect and reconnect to that application
but can not make it responsive again. This is a new install and we just
let more users on the system. Currently there are only 5-6 users on the
HP Proliant DL 380 G4 with 4GB of RAM. I am not sure what to do. There
is no event log entries - no errors on the screen. If I force to log
session off using my PC's Citrix connection Manager it does it but for
every non-responsive app I get this common window with message about not
responsive app and option to "End Now". So it does look like it is the
app that hangs.

Other farm info:

PS4 on W2K3 SP1 + critical patches (we use WSUS)
All the critical and recommended PS4 hotfixes
Microsoft Office 2003 SP2
My Documents redirected to users home folders using GP
UPHClean v1.5d (going to put 1.6d tonight)
McAfee Enterprise 8.0i
ICA client v 9.00.32649

Thanks,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems Network Coordinator
Pembroke Regional Hospital
tel.  +1 (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
fax.  +1 (613) 732-9986

--
The information in this email belongs to the Pembroke Regional Hospital
and may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use