[THIN] Re: PS4 Vs 4.5

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 12:00:05 -0400

I'm going to give 64bit a whirl, and I figure I may as well do it with the
newest product release.  It looks like I can run mixed 4.0/4.5 and 32bit/64bit
as long as I am careful with application publishing for the program location
paths, and I upgrade licensing. I won't be able to use a few new 4.5 features
unitl th eentire farm is 4.5, but that's not an issue.

If all goes well with the single Dell 1955 Blade I plan to put 4.5/64bit on,
I'll migrate 1 of my existing 4.0/32bit servers to 4.5, and then the rest if no
problems crop up.

If 64bit really turns out to bring me the increased session count it's touted
for, I'm hoping to reload some of my existing 32bit servers that are 64bit
capable as 64bit with the ideal goal being the ability to consolidate hardware.