[THIN] Re: PS4 + Altiris pointers pls

  • From: "BRUTON, Malcolm, GBM" <Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:23:44 +0100

Unless you have Altiris at 6.1 SP1 Hotfix D or higher when you use Windows
2003 (I think with Windows 2003 SP1 as well) the aclient pops up an aclient
memory error on each server each time a job goes to the box.  Makes a hands
of install impossible as you have to log onto each console and click OK
before each Altiris job runs on that server.  We just upgraded one of our 2
Alitris Servers to 6.1 SP2 Hotfix1 and this fixes it.  We nearly went to 6.5
but were advised by Distributor to stay away as there was a bug that was not
fixed.  However since then it has been fixed the 6.5 Service pack released
last Friday but a bit reluctant to be bleeding edge.

Malcolm

  _____