[THIN] PS 4.0 Quick Launch Icons

  • From: "Bruce Jarrett-Norton" <bjarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 09:01:58 -0400

We are currently moving over from a Xpe SP 3 FR 3 farm, mainly on
Windows 2k sp 4 servers with 1 2k3 sp1 server, for a PS 4.0 farm, also
on Win 2k sp4 and Win 2k3 sp1 servers running in a dual farm environment
during the change over.  We are using the Citrix Program Neighborhood
Agent with pass-through enabled running published application seamless
mode.   The problem is if people take the icons created in the Citrix
Program location shortcut on their desktop and copy them to their Quick
Launch tray the icons do not remain properly identified.  For example,
if the user copies the shortcut for MS Outlook and MS Word to their
Quick Launch when they mouse over them the icons switch, Outlook ahs the
big blue W on it and Word will have the Golden clock over it but they
will open the correct program i.e.; the Word short cut even with the
golden clock on it will open Word.

Any ideas to fix this other than do not use the Quick Launch location
because that will not fly with our CTO?

Bruce Jarrett-Norton
Dart Energy Corporation
Desktop and Network Support Tech.