[THIN] Re: POS Software in MF XP

  • From: "Gabe Knuth" <gabek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:57:37 -0600

Sorry, forgot to include specs.

Windows 2000, SP2
MF Xpa - FR2

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabe Knuth=20
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 11:56 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] POS Software in MF XP

Hi all,

Trying to run an app called POS-Partner by Vital and getting an error
saying that the "address is already in use".  The error doesn't happen
on the first use of the application, but does on every one after that.
I'm assuming that the software uses the client name (in this case,
server name) for identification at the server, which, unless only one
person out of the 50 uses it, is bad.

I seem to recall a long time ago a way to use the client name instead of
the host name for such connections.  Does anyone know what I'm talking
about, or should I lay off the Mountain Dew?

If anyone can help with this situation, that'd be great.

Thanks,
Gabe