[THIN] PNA, PN, Web of Java for remote users

  • From: "Ron Jameson" <rjameson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:03:18 -0600

We have an internal citrix farm with both load balanced login servers
(published desktop) and a farm of Silo'd app servers.  We just started
to wrap up the WI/CSG on a VM for our remote users.  Currently, remote
users login via RDP to a 2003 Terminal server (non-citrix) and we want
to move them into the Citrix network.

What is the recommendation for remote users client setup for both a home
PC, mobile laptop and those infamous locked down hotel's business PC's
in which we are not allowed to install anything?  In our LAN, we deploy
PN in full with Sson and an icon on the locked down desktop to launch
the citrix pub desktop.  We soon want to change that to PNA to ease
changes.

Our remote users need SSON (so it pushes the login info on WI on thru
the published app), remote printers and remote drive access so I am
leaning to say PNA is the minimum and webclient will not do that - but I
am not 100% sure until I test further.  I have heard the java one works
for access (i.e. hotel pc) but not sson/drive share etc - which is fine
with me in that case.

Any recommendations to what works optimal?  The farm is PS4.0 and I want
the end users to be setup with minimal config.  Do I customize the msi
package and post that on my WI to d/l?

Thanks for the advise.

Ron