[THIN] Re: PN agent error

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:39:54 -0700

You could do this in VBScript with a WMI temporary event consumer. In
essence, the code waits for a certain event to occur, like the NIC being
connected to a LAN, and then continues executing. There's no polling or code
looping in the background, so there's no real CPU overhead. So you could
load PNAgent when connected to the LAN, and unload it when disconnected.
  I'd do it, but I don't have time right now. Here's a link to a page that
talks about it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/
monitoring_events.asp

JD