[THIN] PDA, AnywhereUSB, Win2kTS, Intellisync

  • From: "Ron Jameson" <ronj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin Net Newsgroup" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:09:29 -0500

I know this has been beaten in the past - but has there been any new
updates to getting a good method to allow users to use the PDA in the
workforce in a win2k TS environment with wyse winterms and some fat
PC's?

My client has 3 offices connected via 256 & 512k frame with main servers
all at the host end.  Doctors want to sync all over the network,
whereever they are at the remote sites.  Currently, we have a fat PC
with intellisync and one site and one user in charge of syncing the
exchange mail and calanders (using sony clie models).

Does the digi anywhereUSB work on a network with PDA and TS?  If so,
does the TS see the remote USB cradle as if local which means the user
can be anywhere the cradle is and sync thru TS?  Would be nice to put a
winterm in a path of the doctors with a cradle into the DigiUSB, then
they login and sync.

Does Puma's intellisync server work on the servers and having a fat PC
at each remote site to sync via the network sync?  Does this work
reliably thru 256k links?

Does Microsoft's MIS using activesync work and it better/worse than
Puma's?

It is my understanding that Winterms do not natively allow a cradle to
plug in them (using dozens of 3235le models)

Hope someone can reveal some insight.

Regards,

Ron Jameson
Hamlin Technologies