[THIN] Re: Outlook using Citrix question

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 21:06:18 +0100

'tis evening, here.

> I was laughed off of the Outlook/Exchange website for asking
> the following:

Sounds a bit harsh - for what reason was this laughed at? Old version of
Outlook?

> Greetings,
>
> Outlook 98 Exchange 5.5 Windows 2000 SP3.
>
> Users are using Outlook 98 via Citrix. They are unable to do
> a right mouse click in Outlook. It works fine from her
> desktop, but not when using Citrix. Any clues on what this might be?
>
> Thanks and have a wonderful weekend.
>
> Does anyone on thin have an answer?  We have several
> Citrix/Outlook questions that we need answered, but I wanted
> to start here.

I still have some terminal servers (Windows 2000 SP3, Metaframe XP)
running Outlook 98, and ran with it on NT4 TSE, and Winframe. I have to
say (and I've just checked) my users can use right-click within Outlook,
and I use mandatory profiles (always have done).

I can only suggest clearing out the Outlook profile (within the user
profile, buried in HKCU) - or simply recreating the entire user profile
and see if the problem still persists. Or if you don't want to affect a
current user, create a test user, with a brand new profile, and see if
the problem remains?

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.