[THIN] Re: Outlook settings - Registry

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:33:50 +0100

There is *some* stuff saved in rather traditional places in the
registry, but in many cases, much of it is stored under the special
stuff under the outlook profile portion of the hierarchy under HKCU.

Over time, I've scripted a few of these settings for customisations, but
they tend to be not that obvious, or easy to obtain.

The other thing to bear in mind, is that the GPO template includes a
reasonable amount of config for the office products.

The problem with Outlook (I'm assuming this aspect hasn't changed, since
the last time I investigated this) is that it's not quite the easy:
start regmon, do the change in the GUI, then check the regmon log -
because it seems to roll up a lot of changes to HKCU when Outlook exits,
rather than doing them there and then.

If you've already got a registry hive, and the username / userid / SID
isn't changing, try exporting (to a reg file)
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\<9.0 - for Office 2000, 10.0 - for Office
XP>\Outlook, and HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook and see
if that does the trick.

Neil

e-mail from your system.
to any person or organisation.