[THIN] Re: Outlook in Citrix

  • From: "TheThin" <TheThin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 20:01:25 -0500

We had a similar problem.  A simple work around is to put a trigger to
launch outlook the first time a user logs in.  Use FileMon to look at
the the files outlook creates on first run and the put a statement like=20

If not exist %userprofile%\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.fav  start /s O:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office10\outlook.exe

We log in to an account before giving the passwords to the users, so we
see Outlook create properly on that test login, and then know all is
well.  If you don't do a test login, it should still work, but will of
course launch Outlook the first time a user logs in.