[THIN] Re: Outlook Slows

  • From: "Brian Politis" <bpolitis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 16:50:02 -0400

If your running roaming profiles, this may also be related to slow or
late Reminder popups.  There are some regedits that need to be done to
combat the slow reminders.

Correcting the slow reminders also corrected this issue for us as well.
The cause is Outlook starting in "First Run Mode" every time it launches
because some keys under HKLM and HKCU don't match when you launch
outlook.  Since the profiles roam, the HKLM value which is distinct to
each machine doesn't match the one in HKCU.

I can send you the document off list on how to correct this (I don't
have it handy right now).