[THIN] Outlook Slows

  • From: Geoff Cridland <geoffc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 14:05:14 +1000

We are currently running Metaframe XPe on Win2k SP3 with Office XP SP2.  All
clients are ICA 6.20.985.  Occassionally a user's session will become
extremely slow to a point where it is unusable.  If we terminate Outlook the
session will immediately spring back to normal.  They can restart Outlook
and continue working as normal.  There is no need for them to restart their
Citrix session.  All other users on the Citrix server are unaffected.
Performance monitor doesn't show up anything obvious.  CPU usage, memory,
disk activity etc. are all normal.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem or perhaps how
to troubleshoot the problem further?

Thanks in advance,

Geoff Cridland
Infrastructure Analyst