[THIN] Outlook Mapi Profiles

  • From: "BRUTON, Malcolm, FM" <Malcolm.BRUTON@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:12:40 +0100

Hi All

This has probably been discussed before.

I need to automatically generate Outlook profiles for all users.  I am aware
I can use Profgen, newprof or other various tools.  However my unique
problem in this case is the mailbox alias name does not match the userlogon
name so I cannot use the %username% variable as normal.  How can I query
exchange in some manner using the NT Logon name and return the alias name to
be used for the outlook profile generation.

Thanks

Malcolm

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc. Registered in Scotland No 90312.
Registered Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

systems or data.  No responsibility is accepted by The Royal
Bank of Scotland plc in this regard and the recipient should carry

                               Visit our websites at:

http://www.rbs.co.uk/CBFM

http://www.rbsmarkets.com

than buying more servers.