[THIN] Re: Outlook Freezing/Slow response

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 07:29:15 +1300

I have a customer that's having a similar problem, but it's more definitely
related to Word rather than Outlook. Periodically, one of their sessions
will freeze completely (I mean they can't do anything, it's so hung up) and
I'll investigate. If I look at the CPU usage of the server's processes,
nothing is out of line. However, the user will always have Word open, and if
I close Word, everything picks back up.
  Office XP is patched completely, although the server is Win2K and still at
SP3. I've even done a "Repair Office" from Add/Remove - still happens. The
only thing possibly unusual about the server is that it has the Word 97
viewer, the Excel 97 viewer, and the PowerPoint 2002 viewer installed.
  Thomas, are your serssions freezing hard like mine are?

Jeff Durbin