[THIN] Outlook 2003 - import .prf without launching

  • From: "Christian Dady" <cadady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 10:29:51 -0600

We have an application on our Citrix farm that we're trying to get working
with Office 2003.  The app requires a MAPI profile to exist before it
starts, which worked fine with Outlook 2000 using NEWPROF.EXE to import a
.prf.  This wizard doesn't exist for Outlook 2003.

We don't want to launch Outlook on the Citrix servers prior to the
application, since it's not needed.  Has anyone found a way to import from a
.prf for Office 2003 without launching Outlook?  I found a reference on the
list archives about a VB script and an .ini file that would work, but the
code was not posted.

Thanks for you help.

-Christian