[THIN] Outlook 2000 & profiles

  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 09:31:39 -0400

With my limited knowledge with Terminal Services 2000 I am attempting to setup
a terminal services application environment that allows access for a group of
people to the Microsoft Office Suite. What I wish to do is to create a
mandatory profile called office.man and assign that as each user's Terminal
Server Profile who needs access to the suite through Terminal Services. A
problem evolves when I enter Microsoft Outlook into the mix. Since the profile
is shared, when the next user tries to access Outlook they are actually trying
to open the last persons mailbox. Through this mandatory profile I am also
wanting the same desktop look. Is there any clean way around this that allows
for the ease of administration. I have been successful when not assigning a
profile at all but that requires me to manually configure each desktop and
outlook setting per user.

Thank you,

Casey Friese
Cfriese@xxxxxxxxxxxxx