[THIN] Re: Outlook 2000 on 2003 TS

  • From: "Malcolm Bruton" <malcolm.bruton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 05:36:57 -0500

This should work.  Check for a key called firstrun or first-run I the
same place as your ImportPRF key.  Delete them and then try again.

Double check all your steps as I spent ages working on this a while back
and I was just being stupid. (wrong path name to PRF !!!)

If you double click the PRF file it should create the MAPI profile.
This then proves that fault is not with the PRF file but with your
registry settings.

Another way to do it is launch outlook.exe with the /importprf switch
with the path to the prf file.

Malcolm

From: Ben Nordlander bennordlander@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:17:48 -0800
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

is there a custom maintenence wizard (CMW) for office 2000? i use it to
set
outlook settings like this for outlook xp and outlook 2003.

-Ben

On 1/11/07, Waller, Tom <twaller@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I am trying to customize the termsrvr.mst required for Office 2000
> installs to automate Outlook so user does not have to enter their name
and
> exchange server.  I'm using the Custom Install Wizard from the Office
2000
> Resource Kit.  When I get to the Outlook Section, there are several
> General, Services List, Outlook Settings, Exchange Settings, MS Mail
> Settings... etc.  Under General, I added %username% for the Profile
Name,
> Under Services, I chose MS Exchange Server, Under Exchange Settings, I
used
> %username% for the user's mailbox name and added the name of the
Exchange
> server.  I did not change anything else. (I even logged in as Admin
and
> created an OPS file that I've added to the mst).  I save this as
> termsrvr.mst and use it when I install Office.
>
> When the user logs in, it does not use these settings, it prompts the
user
> to enter it.  It's been a while since I have worked with Office 2000.
Is
> there something I am missing in the MST creation for Office 2000?
>

> Thanks,
>
> *Tom Waller***
>
> System Consultant:  MCSE, CCEA, CCI, CCIA
>

> San Francisco, CA  94105

> The information contained in this electronic transmission, including
any
> and all attachments, is intended solely for use by the individual(s)
and/or
> entity(ies) to whom it is addressed and may contain
attorney-privileged
and