[THIN] Re: Outlok issue

  • From: "Rob Ellis" <rob.ellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 10:23:27 -0000

Well, in the cases where word is still running, try killing the winword
process, and see if the outlook process ends of its own doing?

We are educating our users not to use Word as the email editor, for a
range of reasons.  We have stopped short of applying a policy to lock
everyone down to a specific editor, as you can never please all of them
all of the time!

For the times that winword is not hanging around, it is probably just
outlook being cranky.

What version of Outlook and Word is it?

Also, might be worth setting your Citrix sessions to logoff a
disconnected session after a period of time?  We have sessions
disconnect after 60 minutes of idle, then logoff after 60 minutes of
being disconnected.  Therefore in theory a user has just under 2 hours
to reconnect without the risk of losing work.

Regards,
Rob Ellis=20
Network Manager=20
Profectus IT=20