[THIN] Re: Orphaned processes

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:52:32 -0500

get procexp.exe or pskill.exe from sysinternals.com.  You can kill the process
using either tool.  Before doing this, are you sure the persons session isn't
still out there as disconnected?  If you logging off their session should fix
the problem.

Regards,

Paul DeHaan CCNA, CCA...
Network Administrator
J.M. Huber Corp.

------------>
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."

>>> EFoote@xxxxxxx 11/04/03 10:29AM >>>
Anyone having issues with orphaned proccesses?

We have Win2K SP4, MF XPe FR3 and we are seeing processes left behind after
users logoff, like an iexplore.exe running under a users context taking up 50%
of the boxes CPU (dual proc system).  We cannot kill (kill -f, process
explorer, at /interactive)  all fail with access denied - our only solution is
to reboot the box.

Any suggestions would be apprecitiated.

Thanks,

Eric