[THIN] Re: Oracle data store

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:14:29 -0500

Sorry, have done oracle, but not replicated. Don't worry the heavy SQL
dba's say the same thing about Citrix's recommendations. I got merge
replication to work for SQL with FR3 on like 20 servers in the lab.
Worked real well. But Citrix wont support it. Their stance is "It will
corrupt your data store". Which really means "we have a way to do it
already, even if MS supports a newer way of doing it". For an ISV they
spend money on development and testing where they need to (new features)
to get more bang for their buck.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
Microsoft MVP, Windows Server