[THIN] Oracle and VMware

  • From: Mario Nicoletatos <muray_n@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 05:47:05 -0700 (PDT)

All
just got this from Vmware

Tod Nielsen the COO of Vmware http://www.vmware.com/company/leadership.html met
with Oracle President Charles Phillips
http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/Executives/016435 in July. Charles
appreciated Tod providing a list of over 500 VMware customers asking for Oracle
to support their apps running on VMware. Charles did say this is a challenges
for him as he has not personally received this request from customers, and
until he does, cannot see making this a priority for his team. So the bottom
line is that Charles doesn’t feel that many people run critical apps on Oracle
in a Virtual environment

Charles is interested in hearing from our joint customers on the matter.
Therefore, I encourage you to direct your customers to contact Charles
directly. This will provide him the direct feedback he seeks in order to better
understand the demand and assess the great opportunity for Oracle to leverage
the VMware platform to differentiate against Oracle’s main competitors.

This is a great opportunity for us to help our customers achieve their goals of
leveraging vSphere as their business critical infrastructure platform.
Customers can contact Charles at Charles.phillips@xxxxxxxxxx

Thank You for making this a priority with your customers. Together Oracle,
VMware, and our joint customers can gain tremendous business benefit from a
strong partnership.