[THIN] Re: Opteron processors

  • From: "Timothy Mangan" <tmangan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 06:55:31 -0400

I think the "big questions" are:
1) Scalability.  Combined with the 64-bit windows, where are the limit
points for a terminal server?  Is memory no longer an issue if you stuff
enough in; how much is "enough"?
2) What advantages can you see due to the unique memory model?
3) Does 32/64 really work?  Perform?  On everything?  What do you loose (16
bit, drivers, etc)?

Tim