[THIN] Re: Opinion - homogenous farms or silo'ed

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 16:59:22 -0700

The application isolation and performance management features of 4.0 may
very well change this landscape considerably. If these features prove out
well, then the need to silo should be dramatically reduced. So, the answer
may vary depending on whether or not you plan to use 4.0

I know with 3.0 that we have had very good experience NOT siloing when using
Softricity's SoftGrid product. If application isolation works as advertised
it will allow a similar benefit. Add to the CPU process controls and memory
optimization and me may just reach the holy grail of "Any Application from
Any Device over and Any Connection" plus "Running on Any Server"  :)

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453
Scottsdale, AZ 85262