[THIN] Re: Open Office on W2K + TSE

  • From: Paul Beckman <pbeckman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 07 Mar 2003 11:41:13 -0600

we have been running OpenOffice since star office 6 came out in beta,
once they started charging for that we switched to Open.

we also run M$ office on the same servers.

I installed it with the -n after the setup.exe as admin.  logged in as a
regular users, and ran through the mini install (installed the
worksation install) I told it to put the files in my U:\open dir.

I grab these files and put them on a central share that everyone has
access to.

I create a script that copies these files into each persons U:\open dir.
(I also create the Open dir. in their home dir.)

I also copy the sversion.ini file that is in the Open dir. and put it in
each persons application data folder.

Last I edit the common.xml file and replace the regular users name with
%username%  This allows the person to click on file open and it open up
to their "my documents" folder.

If you have any more ? let me know.

Paul

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 10:04, Stephen Taylor wrote:
> Was there anything special that had to be done during and after the
> installation?
>

> "Ryan Lambert" <rlambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 07/03/2003 15:31
> Please respond to thin
>

>         To:     thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>         cc:
>         Subject:        [THIN] Re: Open Office on W2K + TSE
>

> I agree. Open Office is a pretty solid product.=20
>
> I have also found it to be slightly less resource-intensive.=20

"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from all computers."