[THIN] Re: On this note Re: Upgrade strategy question...

  • From: "Jim Hathaway" <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:22:13 -0700

Yes I recall Rick Mack discussing doing this w/ the SDK a while back but
his goal was in creating a disaster recovery scenario, where the farm
could be recreated from a few scripts.=20

It's really just a small leap from the recreation of an old farm to
creating a whole new one.=20

If you're bundling the creation of the new SQL Dstore in the script as
well that'd be pretty darn sweet Ron.=20

But as a whole, I think the ability to move apps or servers between
farms should be something that is built into the CMC gui natively; maybe
as only an option with XPe, but it seems like the need to move apps,
servers, and licenses between farms comes up quite a bit. . . sigh.
Perhaps in some future rev . .  =20