[THIN] Old topic, printing slowness

  • From: "Leuci, Chris" <cleuci@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin group 2 (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 07:41:08 -0500

Hi all -
Sorta new to Citrix so bear with me on the topic.

Here is our environment

Citrix XPE/SR3/FR3, Win2000
Using the latest citrix client on Windows 2000 desktops, users connecting to
published app by launching ICA file.
Printing is set up to autocreate local LPR printer.

I have multiple remote sites, Couple T1's, and the others 384KB.
I'm using the Universal printer driver and tried playing with bandwidth
settings with no real improvement in printing speeds. I've also tried
changing the module.ini file with no real improvement.

What are my options, 3rd party utility? What's the cheapest/best?
Chris

This Week's Sponsor - Chip PC - The Next Step in Thin Client Technology.
Choose from a wide range of options offering industry-leading, innovative thin
client solutions
http://www.chippc.com/products/hardware/index.asp