[THIN] Re: Offline Printers

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 16:28:59 +0100

Jason

When you say you have reinstalled the driver have you actually removed
its first manually.

*       Stop the spooler service

*       Open the registry

*       Check which files are associated with the following printer keys
from:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\W
indows NT x86\Drivers\Version-3

*         Make a note of the files associated with the printer

*       Delete the key.
*       Go to c:\WINNT\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\
*       Delete the files that you have written down.
*       Restart the spooler service
*       This should have removed the offending printer.

I used to have to go through this process to remove the print drivers
completely from Citrix servers in the past and it will be the same on
the client, as some .dll file may be corrupted and is hanging round.

Regards,

Ronnie