[THIN] Offline Printers

  • From: Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 08:57:59 -0400

I have one customer trying to print with an HP LaserJet 4250 PCL6.  They
are on a windows XP machine and running client version 9.23.  THe printer
is connected by LPT1 and everytime they try to print, the printer goes
offline in their session.
The strange part is that the local IT person recreated their local windows
profile, the printer worked for a few days, and then started doing the same
thing again.
I have tried re-installing the printer locally  as awe as using the HP
laserJet 4 driver and the Citrix universal driver in mapping in their
session and nothing seems to work.
I even re-installed the printer locally using Just the HP laserjEt 4 driver
and had the same result.  I canot figure out what the issue here is.  We
have PS 4.5 running on WIN2k3 x64 with all roll-ups current.  THey are the
only user out of over 2000 experiencing this issue.