[THIN] Re: Office alternatives ???

  • From: "Eduard L. Frerking" <elfelf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:53:51 -0800

We run StarOffice (got for free from SUN). We still have MS Office 97 on the
Citrix box. We have encourage the move to StarOffice. Most have taken it up
without any difficultly. The hardest thing in the transition was the concept
of one unified "application" versus a collection of 4 (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Access).

Hope these comments help.

Eduard L. Frerking
Network/System Admin
Capt. Jason M. Dahl Elementary School-FMSD
San José, CA  95111
elfelf@xxxxxxxxxxx