[THIN] Re: Office XP transform requires "setup.exe" but I have no setup.exe

  • From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:45:00 -0400

Quick note on the string below:  from "\\servername to /qb- is all 1
line...only hit Enter 3x for the entire process

Update here...

renaming setuppro.exe to setup.exe didn't work.

From a command prompt I did:

change user /install
"\\servername\sharename\office_xp\officexp\setuppro.exe"
PIDKEY=123456789987654321
TRANSFORMS=\\server\share\Office_XP\OFFICEXP\TRANSFORMS\mytransformfile.
MST /qb-

change user /execute

NOTE:  PIDKEY=your MS Office XP install key

This worked...although I wasn't able to get the install packaged for
Citrix deployment...I use server imaging so it's not worth wasting more
time trying to package it.

  _____

Brian Claus, MCP, Network+, A+
Network Administrator
WESCO Distribution, Inc.
225 West Station Square Drive, Suite 700
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1122
Phone:  412-454-2412
Fax:  412-454-2540
bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>