[THIN] Re: Office Username Dialog box

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 08:11:03 +1200

Microsoft writes this to the registry in Hex whic makes it a bit of a
pain to manipulate.  I have a Kix script that worked for me under
Office 2000 that will probably work for Office 2003 with a little
tweaking.

I got this from the Kix website a while back.

Greg

;Create basic office settings

;Registry locations
 $ushelfolders='HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
Folders'
 $userwinkey='HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows'
 $machinewinkey='HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows'
 $mofckey='HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\'
 $uofckey='HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\'
 $company='Your Company Name Here'

 MSUSERINFO

 FUNCTION MSUSERINFO()

       ; Process Company Name
       $x=1
       $regexp=''
       WHILE $x<(Len($company)+1)
          $regexp=$regexp+DecToHex(Asc(SubStr($company,$x,1)))+'00'
          $x=$x+1
       LOOP
       $regexp=$regexp+'0000'
       $companybin=$regexp

       ; Process FullName
       $x=1
       $regexp=''
       WHILE $x<(Len(@fullname)+1)
          $regexp=$regexp+DecToHex(Asc(SubStr(@fullname,$x,1)))+'00'
          $x=$x+1
       LOOP
       $regexp=$regexp+'0000'
       $fullnamebin=$regexp
       ; Process UserID
       $useridbin=SubStr(@wuserid,1,2)
       $x=1
       $regexp=''
       WHILE $x<(Len($useridbin)+1)
          $regexp=$regexp+DecToHex(Asc(SubStr($useridbin,$x,1)))+'00'
          $x=$x+1
       LOOP
       $regexp=$regexp+'0000'
       $initials=$regexp

         $rc=AddKey($uofckey+$ver+'\Common\UserInfo')

       $regkey=$uofckey+$ver+'\Common\UserInfo'

          $rc=WriteValue($regkey,'Company',$companybin,'REG_BINARY')
          $rc=WriteValue($regkey,'UserName',$fullnamebin,'REG_BINARY')
          $rc=WriteValue($regkey,'UserInitials',$initials,'REG_BINARY')

 ENDFUNCTION