[THIN] Re: Office 97 User Prompt

  • From: "Braebaum, Neil" <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:46:47 -0000

Loop through each character in the string, use asc function to get the ASCII
value of the character, then use the rather handy dectohex function to
convert it to hex. When I wrote my script in Kix, Kix *then* didn't have a
handy dectohex function, so I had to write my own :-(

Pad each two character ASCII code for each character from the name string
with two trailing zeros, and bung an extra two zeros on the end of the
string when you've finished, so you've got a new string which is a padded
(with two zeros after each character representation) ASCII representation of
your original text string, then use writevalue to write it to the registry.

Any issues, holler, and I'll include sample code.

Cheers

Neil

PS: Oh as for doing the LDAP call, I can understand why you're doing that -
but if you don't wanna take the hit on doing the look-up (presumably you
have to make some assumptions for the DN?), you could always use the comma
in the @FULLNAME macro's output string, and do a switcheroo... just a
thought...

recipient(s) only and are confidential and may be privileged.
If they have come to you in error you must take no action based
on them, nor must you copy or disclose them or any part of
their contents to any person or organisation; please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail and its attachments from
your computer system.

Please note that Internet communications are not necessarily secure
and may be changed, intercepted or corrupted. We advise that
you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us
and we will not accept any liability for any such changes,
interceptions or corruptions.

Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and its
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping
with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they
are actually virus free.

Copyright in this e-mail and attachments created by us belongs
to Littlewoods.

Littlewoods takes steps to prohibit the transmission of offensive,
obscene or discriminatory material.  If this message contains
inappropriate material please forward the e-mail intact to
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and it will be investigated.
Statements and opinions contained in this e-mail may not
necessarily represent those of Littlewoods.

Please note that e-mail communication may be monitored.

Registered office:
Littlewoods Retail Limited,
Sir John Moores Building,
100 Old Hall Street,
Liverpool,
L70 1AB
Registered no: 421258

http://www.littlewoods.com
This Week's Sponsor: New Wyse(R) Expedian(TM)software maximizes your server
capacity--cost-effectively. Now you can dramatically increase the number of
users on a server by as much as 40%--and reduce the number of servers you have
to manage. By optimizing memory usage, Wyse Expedian software allows the
terminal server to support more applications and more concurrentusers. Download
your 30-day free trial today at:
http://www.wyse.com/expedian/eval.cfm?promo=US-Ad-0103TheThinNetNewsletterEM