[THIN] Re: Office 2010

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:03:11 +0100

Andrew,

you have pretty much confirmed a lot of my suspicions, one other
question if possible.

With regards to streaming Office 2010 is there any other advantage other
than allowing multiple versions of Office on the same box?

If I can work it my preferred option would be to migrate a user to a box
with 2010 and then prevent them from logging on to a box with Office
2002.

I could them set GPO to force save to older version until everyone had
been moved. As I say this is a first look but I need to get my vision
straight so that I can force down the correct road instead of cobbling
together something that will just give me more issues during the
transition.