[THIN] Re: Office 2007 Profiles

  • From: "Minero, Hector B CIV NSWCDD, K55" <hector.minero@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:17:42 -0500

Thanks for the scripts!
I'll test them.

_______________________________
Hector Minero

________________________________

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dan Dill
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2010 2:19 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Office 2007 Profiles

We've used this script to automatically set those initials for our users
for our office 2003 environment.  Not sure if that applies to 07 or not
but could be used to set blank if desired:

'script to set office initials in citrix

Set objSysInfo = CreateObject( "WinNTSystemInfo" )

strComputerName = objSysInfo.ComputerName

Set objSysInfo = CreateObject("ADSystemInfo")

strUser = objSysInfo.UserName

Set objUser = GetObject("LDAP://" & strUser)

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")

objWord.UserName = objUser.givenName & " " & objUser.SN

objWord.UserInitials = Left(objUser.givenName, 1) & Left(objUser.SN, 1)

objWord.Quit

End If

Dan Dill