[THIN] Re: Office 2007

  • From: "Minero, Hector B CIV NSWCDD, K55" <hector.minero@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:06:44 -0400

Interesting.

Thanks,

_______________________________
Hector Minero
NSWCDD K55

        -----Original Message-----
        From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Nick Smith
        Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 12:13 PM
        To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
        Subject: [THIN] Re: Office 2007

        My experience, of about 200 users in loads of different offices
and industries, is that most users swear for about 3-4 hours till they
work out there's no File Menu any more, and then love it.

        Where we've given people the option of testing it, not one has
gone backwards.

        Particularly, we've had people literally *begging* to move to
Powerpoint 2007. Dunno why, as I don't use it, but those who do that
sort of thing  love it.

        Stabililty in Ts is fine, uses a bit more RAM than 2003 - you
may get say 10% less users per box if Office is your primary app- ,
though interestingly I've noticed it apparently using less Ram on a
64-bit Windows 2008 TS (Whereas Office 2003 uses stupid amounts on a
64-bit Windows 2003).

        Nick