[THIN] Re: Office 2003 Suppress User name popup

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:12:26 +1000

Hi Jim

I need to set this for 600 users so I cannot manually do it..  I need to be
able to script it..

Ang

Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 08:20:44 -0400
Subject: [THIN] Re: Office 2003 Suppress User name popup
From: jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Did you try just opening up the default users ntuser.dat in regedit on the
server and prepopulating the key? (also look under HKLM/current/ms/ windows
nt/terminal server/ installed/ office/common etc key for the same settings and
populate it) The change user /install trick works for this also.

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenzig
Twitter: http://twitter.com/InternetPilot

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 4:02 AM, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

Im having lots of issues finding a VB script that will update this office key.
Does anyone have a VB script that will update this.  Id like to have the script
interrogate AD so the real user name is used but anything is better than
nothing.  Even if it populated the user key with a generic name I would be
happy.

Thanks
Ang

From: cwegener@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:41:40 +1100

Hi Angela,

You would need to pre-populate the
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common\UserInfo Key with the UserName,
UserInitials, Company values.

You could either, create a login script that does this, create and ADM file for
the keys, include the values in your default user profile, or you could enter
this information at the Office installation time, when Terminal Services
redirects HKCU changes to the shadow area (though I won’t recommend this last
option)

I am sure, someone with a little more time here, will be able to provide you
with some script snippets to include in a login script.

Cheers,

Christoph