[THIN] Re: Office 2003 Clipart

  • From: Jay Schaefer <jyschaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:15:23 -0600

We had a similar problem.  We're still using Office 97 and users
wanted more clipart than what was included.  When they click on the
button to connect to the web and get more clipart they couldn't (cause
we lock things down soooo much).

To please the users a bit I went to microsoft's site and downloaded a
couple thousand clipart.  You can display 48 on a page at a time,
click select all so it didn't take very long to do.  What this did was
create a artgalry.cag file in my profile directory.  I copied this
file to the server, renamed it to web.cag and put in the same
directory as the other .cag files.  I then added a registry entry that
pointed to the additional cag file.  Now all users have all the
additional clipart.

I'm guessing the same can be done with Office 2003 (with a couple of
mods I'd guess).

Jay