[THIN] Re: Off topic: Make custom virus def

  • From: "TSguy92 Lan" <tsguy92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 14:45:17 -0700

Hmm, that does make it more of a challenge doesn't it ;). When you say there
are no DC's under your control, does that mean you don't have windows level
administrative access to the machine in question?

I can't say much for Trend AV options, but the other ideas I have for trying
to tackle this one...

Trust-no-Exe =
http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/trust-no-exe/trust-no-exe.htm (pretty
sure Jim K. linked this to the list a while back)

Or, another option on the software policy restrictions idea, would be using
PSexec - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897553.aspx, to
remotely run and configure gpedit.msc on the workstation, and setup software
restriction policies that way.

But of course if you don't have administrative rights to the machine in
question, both of these options are not gonna get you too far. . .

Good luck,

Lan