[THIN] Re: Off the chart latency

  • From: "Brian Ehlert" <brian.ehlert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 07:31:48 -0700

Was anything recently changed is with the network, QoS, or provisioning specs?
A straight through frame connection converted to channels, etc.

I used to something similar to this when we had voice traffic
saturating an office (we would get sessiong drop as the channel reset)
 it was very annoying.
Come to find out, someone changed the configuraiton on a Phone switch
(IP beteween locations) and it through it could use omre channels that
the office line had - causing the entire office connection to severely
dog and then reset.

Also - possible chatty NIC on the client device?

I have also seen a single connection to a single application cause
extreme bandwidth usage.  At one location it behaves correctly, at
another location it behaved poorly.  Resulting in a poor experience
for everyone at that branch.  I ended up setting Citrix policies to
cut the bandwidth for the overall session of the problem device.  So
it got no more than 20k for example.

I hope some of these ideas might help.  I know how frustrating this can be.